Stating The Obvious:
Social Media Is All About Connections
and I know some great connectors!
Those who inspire me most have a quality that I call Soul — a hard to define combination of spirit, insight, courage, charm, chutzpah, a keen sense of justice, and, holding it all together: humor.
They have a commitment to their purpose and raise the creative and intellectual bar with their wisdom and unique perspectives.
With the sad loss of one magnificent voice this past week, I'm reminded that it's important — and wise — to let a few of these sources of inspiration know how much I appreciate their gifts. And, since I've recently been nominated for a couple of awards and know how great that feels, I've decided to return the favor by creating my own:
I'm honored to present the first-ever
flairCreativ
Social-Sista Award

Belinda McGrath Witzenhausen — Twitter | Facebook
A Canadian Sista, Belinda is amazingly talented, diverse in her interests,
and endlessly generous with her praise and support.


Kathy Delumpa Allegri — Facebook | KDAllegri.com
You can see her smile every time she shares the news or responds to a post.
Her artwork is a brilliant reflection of her spirit.
and I know some great connectors!
I'm delighted and inspired every day by the humor, heart, and veracity of so many who engage in this ongoing conversation known as Social Media. I look forward in the morning to leaning over the virtual fence and having a jaw with whichever neighbor happens to be feeling social.
Those who inspire me most have a quality that I call Soul — a hard to define combination of spirit, insight, courage, charm, chutzpah, a keen sense of justice, and, holding it all together: humor.
They have a commitment to their purpose and raise the creative and intellectual bar with their wisdom and unique perspectives.
With the sad loss of one magnificent voice this past week, I'm reminded that it's important — and wise — to let a few of these sources of inspiration know how much I appreciate their gifts. And, since I've recently been nominated for a couple of awards and know how great that feels, I've decided to return the favor by creating my own:
I'm honored to present the first-ever
flairCreativ
Social-Sista Award
To These Five Extraordinary Women . . .

Belinda McGrath Witzenhausen — Twitter | Facebook
A Canadian Sista, Belinda is amazingly talented, diverse in her interests,
and endlessly generous with her praise and support.

Danielle Davis — Facebook | Danielle Davis Art
An abstract artist, Danielle loves to engage and contributes
so much to the conversation of art. Aloha, Danielle!
so much to the conversation of art. Aloha, Danielle!

Kathy Delumpa Allegri — Facebook | KDAllegri.com
You can see her smile every time she shares the news or responds to a post.
Her artwork is a brilliant reflection of her spirit.
You support, motivate, and inspire me.
Keep on rockin' and do it 'til your last breath.
Keep believing in yourself and sharing your voice.
Never give up or give in. Hold onto your dreams. Keep your heart open.
If you hit a rough patch, do not hesitate to ask for help.
You are making this world a better place.





Lora FisherFeb 17, 2012 12:58 PM
ReplyDeleteDebbie Ducic said...
I don't know what I would have done without the support my Social Sistas over the last 14 years of my life! I began my online life in 1998 at a time when there weren't many women online...it was definitely a man's world. But the last couple of years especially have witnessed a proliferation of women-oriented sites and women are now dominating the social networking space.
It has allowed the "gathering of the feminine energy" to happen at warpspeed.
That's is one of the reasons why I get SO JAZZED about the internet and social media! It has allowed the feminization of a very male dominated and "hard sell" place and now millions of women across the world are finding their voices and bringing their gifts to the world in a softer, gentler way.
It has also allowed both men and women who have traditionally been disempowered to speak up with a force that is changing the way politics and business and life are done.
The GutZy Women mindset is now eve-olving as well, since we now we can see that the world needs a real balance between the masculine and feminine energy. But the reality is... in order to continue to create that balance, women truly need each other to continue to support and encourage each other as you have done here Lora! Thank you so much for the honor! By doing so, you encourage me to continue the quest.
I look forward to learning about the others you have listed as my sistas and connect with them as well. Together we can positively change the world!
LOVE
Deb
aka GutZy Woman
February 13, 2012 3:29 PM
Lora Fisher said...
See, Debbie? You just proved me right!
Thanks so much for this thoughtful response. I agree that this is the perfect arena for our voices to be heard. It's a level playing field, and we have the ball!
Much love and best wishes, always ...
Lora
February 13, 2012 3:38 PM