Pages ...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Photography Is Like Exercise, How? 10|4|11

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

North To Dog Mountain


Photography, just like exercise, is the first thing to go when I allow the busy-ness of my life to take over.  

That sentence brings to mind a recurring dream in which an infant or child is neglected to the point of starvation. Fortunately, in each version of the dream, I find the child just in time to save its life. These show up when a core part of who I am is shoved under the bed, to return as a haunt in my dreams.

Haven't had the dream in a while, but I recognize when one is imminent by the nagging sense of neglect that I feel when it comes to my creative life. It's lurking somewhere in my subconscious, waiting for the right moment to appear. Being creative must be right up there with good food and clean water when it comes to taking care of myself. I can assume that this must be true for every artist.

I've had a couple of 'happy children' dreams recently, with healthy, plump kids playing and laughing. This can only mean that I must be giving myself enough time and space to create, so that my psyche remains in balance. Good news!

Staving off the dream, I believe, is the fact that I'm actively developing my photography and am at the beginning stages of presenting it professionally on Fine Art America. Reviewing my log of photos and editing them for presentation is satisfying stuff.

Creativity is good for the soul and good for the world. Actively engaged creative humans enhance the cohesiveness of a community, bridge cultural divides, and call attention to pressing issues with a direct and often visceral punch. That's a bold statement, but it's worth considering how many lives have been saved by art: the young, the disenfranchised, those in emotional pain, those without a sense of purpose or community. All can literally be saved, or at least supported, by the arts.

Consider those who, at the top of their creative careers, have influenced politics, raised money for causes such as eliminating famine and promoting healthcare, human rights, safe drinking water, and the environment. Consider, also, the array of jobs and the benefits to regional economies that are created because of the arts. 

The arts bring people together and allow for the development of specific skills, as well as expertise in the art of collaboration. Collaborative creative projects galvanize people into communities, allowing those who wouldn't normally seek each other out to find commonality and a shared purpose. Effective use of the languages of symbols, music, and poetry bypass the intellect and go straight to the heart, with an impact that words and logic cannot duplicate.




The power to influence life
comes from the potent combination of embracing our creative passions and living with integrity. 

Walking my talk allows me to inspire those around me to follow their dreams. I can be the best _____ in the world, but unless I actively develop and promote whatever might be filling that blank, it will remain in the realm of 'hobby' and will not pay the bills. It's time to pay the bills with my creativity. It's what I've been encouraging my clients to do, so it's only sensible to do the same for myself.

I now have four primary focuses:
First:  Continue to develop flairCreativ services and presentation.
Second: Market my photography. 
Third: Allow my creative drive its full expression.
Fourth: Share my vision. 

My plan for implementing these goals is to utilize Social Media platforms, including ANIMOTOFacebook, and Twitter, through this blog and on YouTube. I will continue developing Lora Fisher Photography Fine Art America and will take full advantage of the Press Release feature provided on my site. I'm developing two new galleries, currently. One is a series of photos, 'After The Storm, Neahkahnie' and 'Flowers Up-Close' that will be uploaded within the next 10 days, with new photos being added to my library weekly.

I am stoked! I suspect that the recurring dream I mentioned will have no need to rear its head during my hours of rest, as long as I move forward with passion and purpose and allow my creativity to have its rightful and prominent place in my life.

Lora Fisher Photography | Fine Art America
LoraFisherPhotography | ANIMOTO

No comments:

Post a Comment